The phrase “Looking up automotive” may have a different meaning once you have digested this week’s Shop Tip. An article in the Surgical Technology International trade journal tells us a startling fact. Looking down at a smart phone with your head bent forward is the equivalent stress of having a 60-pound weight on your neck. Millions of people all around the world spend an average of 2-4 hours daily reading and texting. When we take that fact into consideration, the resulting damage to neck and spine becomes a growing health concern.
It is very easy for us to become mentally fatigued, physically drained, and worn out. We can develop back issues, cuts, injuries, and high blood pressure from leading and managing an automotive repair business. Now try adding the stress of that 60-pound weight to your neck. Okay Gary, I get the picture now!
I’ve got great news! The time to make a change is now. You can do this before all of these health issues become a reality. Let’s call it “Looking Up Automotive”, by becoming You Squared. Here is a big and bold statement: Make your move before you’re ready and you will lessen the potential damage. I would like to share with you a few short statements from Chapter 17 that seem to fit this topic.
- You know more than you know you know.
- So why don’t you do more with what you know?
- Don’t get bogged down getting prepared.
- Stop getting ready, stop stalling, and stop the con game.
- It’s time to start now. Push the “Look Up” button.
Put down your phone and start looking up!
- Look up and spell the profit.
- Look up and train your staff.
- Look up and start leading.
- Look up and start sharing the duties.
- Look up and enjoy the quantum leap.